The Annual Village Fireworks Display is due to take place on Saturday 2nd November 2019 at the Recreation Ground, Wargrave. Refreshments (tea, coffee, hot dogs, burgers, mulled wine, beer!) will be served from 5.30 pm, the Bonfire is lit ar 6pm, Fireworks start at 6.30pm.
The Scouts will be selling glow sticks and sweets. A reminder that dogs and sparklers are not allowed.
We ask that a donation of at least £10 is made for a family of four. This is our biggest annual fundraiser which enables us to purchase new and replace old equipment as well as fund our weekly programmes for Beavers, Cubs and Scouts.
Many thanks to those that have volunteered so far, but we could always do with more parents and village folks to help us! Here is a list of jobs and timings that we need people to volunteer their time for:
Saturday 2nd November
- 12 noon to 2pm – Build bonfire/ Set up marquee (10 people)
- 2 to 5pm – Bonfire guarding (3 people x 1 hour)
- From 2pm – Mulled wine/food preparation (6 people)
- From 3pm – Cook food at Scout Hut on BBQ (4 people)
- From 5pm to 6.30pm – Collect entrance donations at gates to Recreation Ground or King’s Field (6 people)
- From 5.15pm – Help serve refreshments in the Food & Drink Tent (10 people)
- From 5.15pm – Marshalls for bonfire (Adults only without children) (10 people)
- From 7 to 7.30pm – Help clear away debris and take down marquee etc (10 people)
Sunday 3rd November
From 10am – Help clear up fields and put away equipment (10 people).
All help is very much appreciated. To volunteer please email your name and the job you would like to do to the Exec Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP. Many thanks!