The Exec Committee is an integral part of the Group and provides among other things administration support to the Group sections. They are also heavily involved in fundraising activities.
Below appears further information on the role of the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee
1. The Executive Committee exists to support the Group Scout Leader in meeting the responsibilities of his appointment. The Executive Committee is responsible for:
- the maintenance of the Group’s property and equipment;
- the raising of funds and the administration of the Group’s finance;
- the insurance of persons, property and equipment;
- Group public occasions;
assisting with the recruitment of Leaders and other adult support.
2. The Group Executive Committee consists of:
Ex offico members
- The Group Chairman;
- The Group Secretary;
- The Group Treasurer;
- The Group Scout Leader;
- All Section Leaders;
- persons nominated by the Group Scout Leader
- the nominations must be approved at the Group Annual General Meeting
- the number of nominated members must not exceed the number of elected members.
- persons elected at the Group Annual General Meeting
- these should normally be four to six in number
- the actual number must be the subject of a resolution by the Group Scout Council
If you would like to sit on the Executive Committee please contact the Group Scout Leader, Pete Fry or the Executive Committee Chairman, Helen Vonka.
The Exec Team are always grateful for help behind the scenes, eg when organising the village fireworks. If you’re able to help in anyway again contact one of us.
For 2016-17 onwards, the 1st Wargrave Scout Troop’s Executive Committee team includes:
Group Treasurer – Janet Moseley
Assistant GSL (& Quartermaster) – Bill Bookless
Assistant GSL (& Berkshire ACC Scouts) – Nige Board
Subscriptions – Helen Vonka (email@example.com)
Other Exec Members – Graham Wheal, Jo Smith, Bruce Glasby
(+ Section Leaders for Scouts, Cubs & Beavers).