Wargrave Cubs and Scouts will again be staffing the two water stations for this years Wargrave 10k road race which takes place on Sunday 14th June 2015, organised by Wargrave Runners.
We ask that parents please talk to their son or daughter and inform the Cub or Scout leadership team if they can help as we plan the staffing for this event.
This is a key activity in our calendar of events where the Scout Troop support the local village community (the others being the Remembrance Parade, the Village Fireworks and the Christmas Post). Helping at this event also counts towards the community service element of the Scout Community Challenge Award Badge.
Runners are refreshed with cups of water as they pass the East Gate to Wargrave Manor, again when they pass The Horns PH in Crazies Hill, and finally on their return outside of Wargrave Manor on the way back to the finish point.
All Cubs and Scouts will need to wear old clothes with their troop necker, and arrive with sun cream already applied to avoid any contamination or allergic reaction. If it is particularly hot and sunny they should wear a hat. All equipment will be provided.
Please let the Cub or Scout leadership team know, at your next troop night, if your son or daughter can help support this important village event. Many thanks!
At The East Gate to Wargrave Manor
- Please meet at 9:30am for a briefing and bucket filling 9:45am to 10:00am.
- We will need about 12 Cubs or Scouts.
- We expect to be finished by circa 11:30am.
- Coordinator is Richard Arnold, Assistant Scout Leader.
At The Horns PH, Crazies Hill
- Please meet at 9.30am for a briefing and pre-filling of cups.
- We will need about 6 Cubs or Scouts.
- We expect to be finished by circa 11am, TBC.
- Coordinator is Pete Fry, Group Scout Leader.